We recommend the following guidelines from the American Red Cross to prepare for a natural disaster.
- Download the FEMA app to get alerts and safety precautions.
- Update your safety details on your listing in the ‘Health and safety’ tab, with emergency exit routes from your property. Also consider adding one or more evacuation routes so that guests can leave the area quickly.
- Review your insurance policies . And encourage travellers to purchase trip insurance.
- Consider placing emergency kits in your home and informing guests where to find them. They’ll find these useful if they’re at your property in the event of a natural disaster.
- A natural disaster can be an incredibly anxious time. Update and communicate with guests often, especially if they’re already staying at your property.
Bookmark this article as a reference. While we hope that your holiday rental or guests are never affected, we’ll always support you in the case of a natural disaster.