Earn power-ups for bookings and completed stays
When eligible listings are booked and paid for, you’ll earn a power-up for every pound charged in service fees and/or commission. And with each booking acceptance, you’ll earn more power-ups.
You earn 20% of your total potential power-ups upon booking, and the remaining 80% after the guest stays. If the booking is cancelled (regardless of the reason), you can keep the 20% power-ups for accepting the bookings, but you can’t earn the remaining power-ups.
However, keep in mind that power-ups are listing-specific and can only be used to boost the search position of the listing on which they were earned. So, for example, if you own several properties, you can’t use power-ups earned on one listing to boost another listing. You also cannot transfer or exchange power-ups with other partners.
Finally, make sure to use your power-ups while you can. They expire on a rolling basis, one year from the date they were earned. We’ll notify you before your power-ups expire.
Choose your own dates to boost
You can set up search-position boosts for whenever you choose. You can also choose to use Boost for a single day or several days in a row, up to one week at a time.
Note that the length of time affects the ‘strength’ of the boost. For example, if the search is just for that day, you‘ll see a greater boost. If the stay or search is for three weeks and that one day is included, you‘ll get a smaller boost.
Feel free to schedule boosts for qualified listings up to one year ahead of booking dates. Regardless of when you set them up, boosts will stay in place until the listing is booked, or until those dates have passed. Remember that boosts expire after one year, so be sure to use them (or lose them).
How to use your power-ups
If you have more than one property, select the property you want to boost. Click ‘choose dates to boost’ in the Boost widget on the right side of your dashboard. Use the calendar to select the date range you’d like to boost. Select the number of power-ups you’d like to use, up to the maximum boost. Review your current and forecasted search position. Click ‘accept’ and then ‘confirm’.
Be strategic about using Boost
Balance out low booking times by boosting during historically slow seasons or to close gaps in your calendar. Take advantage of MarketMaker™ to review traveller data and market demand to help you decide on the best dates to boost.
You may also see opportunities to boost the same listing, often with overlapping dates. For example, you could see an opportunity to boost a Monday–Wednesday stay, and another to boost a Tuesday–Saturday stay. In this case, Boost will recommend boosting those dates to the ‘max boost’ level to take advantage of both opportunities — without having to apply extra power-ups.
Note that when there are no opportunities to boost, that doesn’t mean you don’t have power-ups. It means that you don’t have any times where we think you should be using Boost. Don’t worry, be patient and more opportunities to use your power-ups will show up in Boost.
See how Boost can improve your search position
You can use the slider in the tool to see exactly how applying power-ups will improve your search position. To get better results, apply more power-ups (e.g., in some cases you can select any window from one to seven days and apply all power-ups that are available to you). For each booking date, you’ll be limited to a maximum search position boost (’max boost’) along with a cap on how many power-ups you can apply.
We’ll boost your listings’ search position immediately after power-ups are applied and until you get a booking or that night passes. Seven consecutive days is the limit you can boost at one time.
Once the boost has been set for a listing, it can’t be changed or cancelled except to apply more power-ups, if you haven’t already reached the maximum boost.
Stand out from the competition
Appearing higher in search results gives you greater visibility and an advantage over the competition. However, some partners worry whether their boost will be effective if others decide to boost at the same time.
While it’s true that your average search position may be affected if this happens, only Premier Hosts have access to Boost, with a limited supply of power-ups. So even though it may happen, it’s unlikely that every partner in your market will use their power-ups on the exact same dates.
If you are a Premier Host, you will find the Boost widget in your dashboard.