A service animal assists with, but is not limited to:
- Guiding individuals with vision disabilities
- Alerting individuals with deafness or hearing difficulties to the presence of people or sounds
- Retrieving vital items such as medicine or a mobile phone
Holiday rental rules for supporting service animals:
- Be accommodating to individuals with special needs and their service animals.
- Do not add security deposits or pet fees: service animals are not pets.
- Do not request documentation for a service animal. However, you may ask whether the service animal is required because of a disability or ask about specific functions that the animal performs.
- Service animals are generally exceptionally well-trained; therefore, property damage is never expected. In the rare event that damage is caused, a property owner or manager can retain the appropriate compensation from a guest’s deposit.
Service animals serve critical functions for those who depend on them. Regardless of your own allergies to animals or personal beliefs, remember that service animals are not pets. Therefore, please welcome them and the people who rely on them—because everyone deserves a great holiday.*
Read our full policy and FAQs on service animals for more information.