Setting your house rules is simple and only takes a few minutes to add to your listing.
To set your house rules, go to your dashboard and click on ‘property’ then ‘rules and policies’. House rules are only accessible through our platform and not through integrated software. You can customise your house rules under the ‘rules and policies’ section of your property editor. There you’ll see six fields where you can clearly list your rules regarding:
- Minimum age requirement. Clarify whether the primary renter must meet a certain age requirement.
- Maximum number of overnight guests. Set the number of guests allowed to sleep on your property, including adults and children.
- Events. Let guests know if events are allowed on your property, from formal weddings to casual gatherings. Be clear about how many visitors are allowed for events, independent of overnight guests.
- Pets. One of the top 10 globally most popular search filters is for pets. Let your guests know whether they can bring their pets, how many, what type of pet and about any size restrictions.
- Children allowed. Inform guests and provide context for which children’s age groups are welcome at your property.*
- Smoking. Specify if and where smoking is allowed.
Each field includes an extra space to add more information about each policy. You'll also have three extra fields that you can use to add custom house rules unique to your property.
For special events, you may not see your event included. That’s because we only included the most common events. In this case, you can use the ‘other’ sections to include additional events that you allow on your property. Finally, make sure that your house rules always comply with any local and national laws.
Note that if you begin to enter your house rules, you'll have to complete every field to save your changes. If you navigate away from the page, it will not save your changes. And don’t worry. If you want to add more details later, you can always come back.
While setting house rules isn’t mandatory, they’re highly encouraged. (There won’t be any penalties for not adding them to your listing.) They’re easy to add and only take a few minutes
*If your holiday rental is in Australia or New Zealand, age restrictions are against local policy.